Blackledge- Kearney House
Listed on the National and State Registries of Historic Places as the "Blackledge-Kearney House" but known more familiarly as the "Kearney House" or "Cornwallis Headquarters", this humble structure is the oldest building in the New Jersey Section of the Palisades Interstate Park. The southern half of the house, made of native stone and timbers, dates to before 1802. The northern, wood-frame section was added in the 1840s, the large porch in the early 1900s. Through its long life, the house has served as a Hudson River homestead, a tavern, a park police station, a caretaker's residence, and finally a museum. Today, it helps bring to life two centuries in the story of the Hudson River and those who have depended upon it for their lives and livelihoods.
The Kearney House is closed for the season. The site will reopen regular hours in May. Please call (201) 768-1360 for more information.
CLICK HERE FOR DIRECTIONS